This is a great tasting, healthier muffin I love to make. I adapted this from an old recipe I used to make in my “pregan” days, so this version is eggless, cholesterol free and even more delicious!
- 9 large bananas
- 1 3/4 Cups agave, or you could use white sugar but use a bit more (agave is sweeter than sugar)
- 1 1/2 Cups unsweetened organic applesauce
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 6 Tbsp ground flaxseed or more as desired (optional)
- Mini chocolate chips, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mash bananas – I used potato masher
- Add agave/sugar
- Add applesauce
- Add dry ingredients
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Grease muffin tins or use liners instead. Fill up about ¾ with the batter.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
These are crazy moist and good, and no oil! The recipe makes a big batch and you can freeze them so you always have something you can defrost and run out the door with.