This Creamy Broccoli Soup recipe looked easy, healthy and delicious. And it is!
Creamy Broccoli Soup
by Mama Pea
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
• 1 T. vegan margarine (i.e. Earth Balance)
• 1/2 medium onion, chopped
• 8 oz. broccoli florets (about 4 cups)
• 4 c. vegetable broth
• 2 c. corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
• 3 c. spinach
• 1/3 c. nutritional yeast
• 1/2 c. non-dairy milk (plain, unsweetened) – I used Almond
• salt and pepper to taste
• non-dairy (i.e. Daiya) cheddar cheese, shredded, as desired for topping soup
• In a large pot over medium high heat, melt margarine and add chopped onion.
• Sauté for three minutes or until onion is softened and aromatic.
• Add broth, broccoli and corn, and bring to a boil.
• Lower heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until broccoli is cooked through.
It’s just that easy to have something healthy that’s familiar, quick ‘n’ vegan!!