This is a recipe I’m so glad I tried. I will make these Roasted Chickpea Tacos again and again! The flavor is so good.
Ingredients (8 tacos)
• 2 t. chili powder
• 1/4 t. garlic powder
• 1/4 t. onion powder
• 1/4 t. dried oregano
• 1 1/2 t. ground cumin
• 1 t. sea salt
• 1 T. lime juice
• 2 T. water
• One 14 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 8 organic taco shells (i.e. Trader Joe’s brand)
• Taco trimmings: shredded cabbage, tomato, guacamole, non-dairy (i.e. Daiya) cheese, etc.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, salt, lime juice and water.
• Add chickpeas and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
• Place chickpeas on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
• Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring once during cooking, until chickpeas are slightly crispy.
• Prepare taco shells according to package directions. Fill with chickpeas and desired toppings. (I used a bag of choleslaw for the shredded cabbage, salsa, cheddar Daiya, and made a quick guacamole: avacado mashed with salsa, garlic and onion powder, and good squeeze of lime juice).
My mouth is watering just making this post. Enjoy!