I think I will only make this cookie or versions of this cookie from now on. These not only taste amazing but they are full of purely good stuff. They don’t contain flour of any kind (gluten free!), no oil, and low amounts of natural sugar, plus they are packed with protein and other healthy nutrients! I would call this a Supercookie!!
Thanks Peas and Thank You for another great recipe!
Ingredients (12 cookies)
- 3 T. flax seeds (ground into meal) or buy pre-ground flax seeds
- 3/4 c. non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened plain Almond milk)
- 2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/4 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. pepitas – chopped if desired (these are the inner part of a pumpkin seed)
- 1/4 c. chopped almonds (I pulsed whole almonds in my mini blender)
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. vanilla protein powder (I used Vega One All In One Nutritional Shake powder, Vanilla Chai flavor – has no added sugar and amazing flavor!)
- 3 T. honey (I used about 4 Tbsp agave)
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. vanilla
- stevia to taste (I used 2 packets I believe which is 4 tsp – but add a bit, mix, taste, and see how you like the flavor. Adjust sweetness if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax with milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add flax mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- The mixture will seem a bit dry, but will hold together when forming the cookies.
- To make cookies, spoon dough into your hands and pack cookies. Ration the dough so you can make 12 cookies. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lightly greased.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until cookies are slightly browned. Let them cool completely on the pan before transferring to an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy these healthy treats as much as we do!