I love all the recipes I’ve tried from Peas and Thank You. Her recipes are usually the quick and easy kind. I’ve made this one before and it is something I will make again and again. I also think you can basically throw in whatever veggies you have and it will still turn out great! So follow along kids – here is how I made Thai Fried Quinoa today. And if you’ve never tried Quinoa, it’s about time you do!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 c. dry quinoa
- 1 c. coconut milk (I use light)
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1/3 c. chopped green onions
- 1 T. minced ginger
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 1 c. frozen peas (I used shelled edamame beans)
- 1 c. pineapple
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped (I used just a little dried cilantro – not a huge cilantro fan)
- 1 T. lime juice
- 2 T. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. scrambled tofu (optional—see recipe in our book) – didn’t use
- Optional garnishes: lime wedges, peanuts, cilantro, cherry tomatoes
- Place a saucepan over medium-high heat and add quinoa, stirring every minute or so until quinoa is toasted.
- Combine coconut milk and vegetable broth and add to quinoa.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray or a light spritz of oil and place over medium-high heat. Add green onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add edamame beans, pineapple and cilantro and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add quinoa to the skillet and cook until starting to slightly brown and crisp.
- Finish with lime juice and soy sauce.